Features & Benefits
The kit supplies researchers and developers with the necessary supports to realise market ready wireless solutions:
- Can be programmed to meet your specific application's needs, with configurable sensitivity, sampling rate, transmission rate and frequency, communication protocols, and packet formats.
- Shimmer platform easily integrates and interacts with existing systems and technologies.
No Need for Proprietary Software
- Full access to all raw sensed data to interpret data specific to your application, product or service requirements.
Based on programmable Shimmer unit with versatile range of uses:
- Boasts an additional 3.5mm jack connector for 2 extra channels for analogue or digital data capture.
- Sensing capabilities include – Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer and Integrated Altimeter.
- Highly configurable, multi-functional sensing platform for wireless sensor network / ad-hoc wireless network.
- Integrated Bluetooth radio for wireless communications, peer-to-peer contact, and mesh networking.
- Local storage via up to 8GB microSD card for data logging applications.
- Four digitally controlled GSR measurement ranges which developers use to ensure accurate measurements.
- GSR gain selection can be hard-coded or automatically selected.
- Phasic conductance can be observed with respect to baseline level of skin conductance.
- Estimation of Heart Rate using Optical Pulse (PPG) Sensing Probe.
All signals can be measured simultaneously and in real-time. With our ConsensysPRO software data can be streamed for live visualization, while raw data can also be logged to an SD card and accessed.
All development kits come equipped with the necessary accessories (straps, leads, electrodes, etc.) you need for your development. For a complete breakdown of what each kit contains please see the specs tab below. Now available for one to fifteen Shimmer3 GSR sensors depending on the number of devices you require. Larger kits available on request.
Our Consensys software application is available in two versions, ConsensysPRO and ConsensysBASIC. ConsensysBASIC is free to all Shimmer users, while a single license for ConsensysPRO is available for $275.
The features of ConsensyPRO and ConsensysBASIC are outlined below.
Both logging data to your Shimmer's SD card and streaming via Bluetooth are now supported by Consensys. Shimmer firmware is available open source on Github.
The Consensys hardware Base works with the Shimmer3 Kinematic and Biophysical sensors including ECG, EMG, Galvanic Skin Response, Optical Pulse and Heart Rate and which boast unrivaled performance levels and processing power. In developing the Consensys Hardware Base, we focused on adding value to your data collection process. The Base provides for the simultaneous management of all your Shimmer Sensors including charging, firmware updates, configuring sensors, retrieving and processing logged data.
Shimmer Embedded Features
- Wireless and robust body worn sensors.
- Raw and clinically relevant output of inertial and biophysical data, simultaneously.
- Clear status and activity indication.
- Accurate inter-sensor synchronization.
- Synchronization with complimentary systems via real-time clock configuration.
- Quick snap straps for rapid set up.
- Simple and intuitive unified graphical software for Windows.
- Downstream USB port for dock chaining and future peripherals.
- Designed for ease of use in research projects, repeatable clinical trials, system integration and product development.
This product provides developers with a comprehensive tool-set to support rapid design prototyping and implementation of wireless solutions based on the state of the art Shimmer3 platform.